Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Building RIS from source
Last Post 20 Sep 2010 02:48 PM by stewart. 55 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages Informative

--
03 Apr 2009 05:43 PM  

thank you jonathan

now i have two problems

1- "- At this point you are ready to run the RIS application server.  In production this would typically run as a service, but for development it is generally easier to run it via the console.  From the bin/Debug directory again, run
    ClearCanvas.Ris.Server.Executable Server.Application"

i run this command from the visual studio , the service named wcf which is nessary for the client to connect to the server  is starting after running the command  and i can successfuly  login to the server but it is stopped after exit the visual studio command prompt

how i can keep this service running ?

2-- "The client contains many embedded web pages.  A web server must be configured to supply these pages.  Copy the contents of /Ris/web/ to your desired location, and use the IIS console to expose this as a website."

this web pages is very important at least to create reports and printing

could any body explain to me how i can do this step?

--
04 Apr 2009 07:10 AM  

Hello, first i want to say Hello and apologize for my English. I'am a student and i'm still learnig:)

While trying to set up the server and executing following command: "ClearCanvas.Ris.Server.Executable Enterprise.Authentication.Setup.SetupApplication" an error occurs. Here's a few lines from vs command promt output:

w ClearCanvas.Ris.Server.Executable.Program.Main(String[] args) w H:\_ClearCa
nvas\ClearCanvas1.3\Ris\Server\Executable\Program.cs:wiersz 47

Wyjątek nieobsłużony: ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.PersistenceException: Error cl
osing context ---> NHibernate.TransactionException: Transaction not successfully
 started
   w NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Rollback()
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.PersistenceContext.RollbackTransaction()
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.UpdateContext.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   --- Koniec śladu stosu wyjątków wewnętrznych ---
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.PersistenceContext.HandleHibernateExceptio
n(Exception e, String message)
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.UpdateContext.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.PersistenceContext.Dispose()
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.PersistenceScope.CloseContext()
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.PersistenceScope.Dispose()
   w ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Authentication.Setup.SetupApplication.RunApplication
(String[] args)
   w ClearCanvas.Common.Platform.StartApp(ExtensionFilter applicationRootFilter,
 String[] args)
   w ClearCanvas.Common.Platform.StartApp(String appRootClassName, String[] args
)
   w ClearCanvas.Ris.Server.Executable.Program.Main(String[] args) w H:\_ClearCa
nvas\ClearCanvas1.3\Ris\Server\Executable\Program.cs:wiersz 47

H:\_ClearCanvas\ClearCanvas1.3\Ris\Server\Executable\bin\Debug>

And here is the whole ouput: wklej.org/id/73973/

Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Apr 2009 08:45 AM  

Hi echo,

The exception seems to indicate that you can't connect to the database server. You should first check the connection string in the hibernate.cfg.xml file and make sure that the connection string is correct, e.g. the database name is correct, the hostname for the server is correct, etc.

Clinton

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Apr 2009 08:51 AM  

> From the bin/Debug directory again, run
    ClearCanvas.Ris.Server.Executable Server.Application"

Note that the instructions say, run from the directory, i.e. in the cmd.exe shell, i.e. from the command line. Is there any reason why you're running it from within Visual Studio?

If you want the server to always be running, you'll have to install it as a Windows service.

> Copy the contents of /Ris/web/ to your desired location, and use the IIS console to expose this as a website."

It doesn't matter where the /Ris/web/ is located really, this just means that you should make a note of its location. Then, in the IIS console, create a virtual directory in your website that points to the /Ris/web directory so that you can access the web pages.

--
04 Apr 2009 10:58 AM  

Thank you Clinton Chau!

Like you said, i made a mistake in connection string property, UserID and Password attributs to be specific. I run intructions in cmd.exe and now it works just fine.

--
04 Apr 2009 09:14 PM  

Thank you Clinton

i make a virtiual directory points to the ris/server/web at the iis console

and i adjust the url setting from the tools in the ris client

but when i try to access the web pages this error is appear

<form> id="myForm"> Failed to load editor page. An exception occurred in the script. Error name: TypeError. Error message: Object doesn't support this property or method </form> what is wrong ???

--
04 Apr 2009 11:41 PM  
Posted By jonathan on 2009-04-03 12:46 PM

denver: sounds like your Administrators group is missing the authority tokens to access the configuration screen. Be sure to follow the steps in the "Further setup" section in the initial post.

Seems I missed this step:

From the client, go to Admin/Authority Groups.  Click on the "Import" toolbar button.  This is a one-time manual installation step that is required to fully initialize the permissions system. 

Imports the extra two permissions (Configure Settings and Extension Browser)

As for searching, I assume you are searching by patient name, in which case you need to put last name first. A search for "joe doe" won't return anything but a search for "doe" or "doe j" or "doe joe" should work.

Sorry m8, I assumed that the new patent would have been somewhere within the left list pane by default. All Patent data found once searched : )

Thanks for your help

--
05 Apr 2009 06:44 AM  

sorry t think these web pages will opened from the client

i will try to add patients records , data and see the result

--
14 May 2009 10:38 PM  

hi everyone!

i was successfull in building the RIS project and building the Database. I also was able to add an new user and login with this user!

the problem i have is to connect the IIS web-site with the Client. I dont have the menu-point Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings as described.

- Go to Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings.  This screen allows modification of settings that affect global application behaviour.  In the upper portion of the screen, locate the group named ClearCanvas.Ris.Client.WebResourcesSettings.  In the lower portion of the screen, select the BaseUrl setting.  Edit this setting to point to your website as defined in the previous step, and save your changes.

every help apreciated!

luigi

--
15 May 2009 05:42 AM  

hi luigi

Go to Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings    you will find this line at the lower portion it  is number 4 from the down   ClearCanvas.Ris.Client.WebResourcesSettings 

the setting management have 2 windows the upper for the group where you can find this line and the lower for the property where you can adjust the setting

for the ClearCanvas.Ris.Client.WebResourcesSettings  you must adjust the base url to refer to virtual web directory in you computer

--
15 May 2009 10:59 AM  

hi mamoud

thanks for your advice, but still it isnt there!

now the question: Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings  is this in the client application in the menu?
if yes i have only Tools/Utilities/Export Action Model and Tools/Utilities/Desktop Monitor

i downloaded and rebuild the source 2 times from scratch!

the only part where i found to set the WebResourcesSettings is in the ris\client\app.config

[setting name="BaseUrl" serializeAs="String"]
 [value]http://localhost/RIS[/value]
[/setting]            

i changed this setting but the Client still comes with the error The page cannot be found

why doesnt the menu point  Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings  not appear in my client?

why even after i changed  the app.config still it doesnt work?

i tested the IIS and this works i can browse to the diffren .html files in the web folder.

thank oyu for your help, luigi

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 May 2009 11:29 AM  
Hi Luigi,

You'll need to add the Admin/System/Settings Management authority token to your user's authority group; this is not assigned be default.

1. In the RIS client, select the menu item Admin/Authority Groups to open the Authority Groups Admin workspace.
2. Click on the "Import authority tokens and groups from local plugins" tool and click "OK".
3. Edit the authority group associated to your user (e.g. Administrators) and check the Admin/System/Settings Managment token.
4. Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings should be accessible upon restart of the client.

Rob.

--
15 May 2009 12:41 PM  

hi rob,

this rocks, that was my missing puzzle piece! thank you so much!

i LOVE clearcanvas...........

luigi

--
13 Aug 2009 03:52 AM  

I am getting an error when building the Enterprise.Configuration project (unable to find GetCriteria) and also I noticed the HL7 project wasn't downloaded when obtaining the sourcecode for 1.5. When looking at the HL7 folder on my web browser, I get the following error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /source/Xian/Tags/RisViewer1.5/HL7/ on this server.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Aug 2009 10:06 AM  

Re: HL7

Hi DM,

Thanks for trying out the RIS. Unfortunately, it was just an error on our part to have opened up that part of the repository in the past and we've corrected that now. The HL7 server is a closed source project and is only available through the commercial channels.

Thanks,

Clinton

--
18 Aug 2009 03:25 AM  
Thank Clinton.

When running the RIS Server, I get the following error after logging in with the client for the first time (username: sa password: clearcanvas).

The entity was not found.
ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.EntityBroker`2.FindOne(TSearchCriteria criteria)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Configuration.ConfigurationService.ListSettingsProperties(ListSettingsPropertiesRequest request)
at ProxyInterfaceConfigurationClearCanvas_Enterprise_ConfigurationConfigurationService_ClearCanvas_Enterprise_Common_ConfigurationIConfigurationService_System_Runtime_SerializationISerializable.callback__ListSettingsProperties(ListSettingsPropertiesRequest )
at ProxyInterfaceConfigurationClearCanvas_Enterprise_ConfigurationConfigurationService_ClearCanvas_Enterprise_Common_ConfigurationIConfigurationService_System_Runtime_SerializationISerializable.__delegate_2.Call(Object[] )
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Invocation.AbstractInvocation.Proceed(Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AopInterceptorChain.NextInterceptor(Int32 level, IInvocation rootInvocation, Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AopInterceptorChain.IntermediateInvocation.Proceed(Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AuditAdvice.Intercept(IInvocation invocation, Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AopInterceptorChain.NextInterceptor(Int32 level, IInvocation rootInvocation, Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AopInterceptorChain.IntermediateInvocation.Proceed(Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.PersistenceContextAdvice.Intercept(IInvocation invocation, Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AopInterceptorChain.Intercept(IInvocation invocation, Object[] args)
at ProxyInterfaceConfigurationClearCanvas_Enterprise_ConfigurationConfigurationService_ClearCanvas_Enterprise_Common_ConfigurationIConfigurationService_System_Runtime_SerializationISerializable.ListSettingsProperties(ListSettingsPropertiesRequest request)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Common.EnterpriseSettingsStore.<>c__DisplayClassd.b__c(IConfigurationService service)
at ClearCanvas.Common.Platform.GetService[TService](WithServiceDelegate`1 proc)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Common.EnterpriseSettingsStore.ListSettingsProperties(SettingsGroupDescriptor group)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Common.EnterpriseSettingsStore.PutSettingsValues(SettingsGroupDescriptor group, String user, String instanceKey, Dictionary`2 dirtyValues)
at ClearCanvas.Common.Configuration.SettingsStoreSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection settings)
at ClearCanvas.Common.Configuration.StandardSettingsProvider.SetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyValueCollection settings)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SaveCore()
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.Save()
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.Save()
at ClearCanvas.Ris.Application.Services.Login.LoginService.UpdateWorkingFacility(EntityRef facilityRef)
at ClearCanvas.Ris.Application.Services.Login.LoginService.Login(LoginRequest request)
at ProxyInterfaceLoginClearCanvas_Ris_Application_Services_LoginLoginService_ClearCanvas_Ris_Application_Common_LoginILoginService_System_Runtime_SerializationISerializable.callback__Login(LoginRequest )
at ProxyInterfaceLoginClearCanvas_Ris_Application_Services_LoginLoginService_ClearCanvas_Ris_Application_Common_LoginILoginService_System_Runtime_SerializationISerializable.__delegate_1.Call(Object[] )
at Castle.DynamicProxy.Invocation.AbstractInvocation.Proceed(Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.AuditAdvice.Intercept(IInvocation invocation, Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.PersistenceContextAdvice.Intercept(IInvocation invocation, Object[] args)
at ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.ExceptionLoggingAdvice.Intercept(IInvocation invocation, Object[] args)]]>

', @p9 = 'ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null', @p10 = 'C:\ClearCanvas_1.5\Ris\Server\Executable\bin\Debug\plugins\ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Hibernate.dll', @p11 = '32d59f1e-964a-4b6d-aa83-9c69011ce2c0'

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Aug 2009 08:49 AM  

Hey DM,

Have you seeded the database with reference data, such as working facilities and so on? There's a thread on the forums, if you do a search, you should be able to find it, on building the RIS and what you need to do to get it working the first time. 

With luck, maybe a developer will be reading your question and will chime in, but otherwise, I'm not an expert on this, so that's all I can offer.

Clinton

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 Aug 2009 01:54 PM  
The exception you are seeing indicates that the configuration settings meta-data has not yet been imported. The build instructions (first post in this thread) were a little bit out of date, as there are a couple of more setup steps that are required in 1.5. I have corrected the build instructions now.

Specifically, there are 2 new steps you must take:
1. Run the following command in the server directory:

ClearCanvas.Ris.Server.Executable Common.Setup.SetupApplication

2. In the client, go to Tools/Utilities/Configure Settings. Click on the "Import" button in the top toolbar. This is a one-time manual installation step that is required to fully initialize the configuration system.

--
20 Aug 2009 12:06 AM  
Thanks Jonathan.

Is it possible to get some of the data such as the imaging services, etc... from the live test RIS database as well?

Thanks

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
20 Aug 2009 10:43 AM  
DM- Unfortunately the short answer is no, we can't provide any data other than the sample data that is available with the installer.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.1