Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

ImageServer Installation Exited without warnings
Last Post 31 Aug 2012 12:51 PM by . 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
18 Aug 2012 11:26 PM  

Hello All,
I downloaded CCImageServer2.0.zip and tried to install Image Server. I have MS SQLServer Express 2008 installed in a WinXP Pro SP3 laptop. In this laptop, I have KPACS and DVTK's "Storage SCU Emulator" both operating with the port 104.

Following the instructions at: http://www.clearcanvas.ca/dnn/Portals/0/ClearCanvasFiles/Documentation/GettingStartedGuide/2_0_SP1/
the installation was able to go past step 3: "Specify Database File Directories". Then the setup dialog box exited without proceeding to the screen shown in "Step 4: Setup Filesystem". In fact, I think the installation dialog box said it was completed and I clicked the finished button.

A window service named "ClearCanvas Image Server Shred Host Service" is running ("Status=Started" & Startup Type=Automatic).

From WinXP's Start->"All Programs", I can see ClearCanvas listed but with 3 submenus: ClearCanvas Website, Uninstall ClearCanvas Image Server and Users Guide. ClearCanvas app is not available - because, probably ClearCanvas was not setup correctly. (But why the window service "ClearCanvas Image Server Shread Host Service" is running (Status is "Started" and Startup Type is "Automatic")?

When I opened the "install.log", I saw 7 instances of the word "Fatal" mentioned. For example, the first occurance of "Fatal" is like this:

> CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[UpdateWorkQueue]
>          -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here
>          @ProcessorID varchar(256),
>          @WorkQueueGUID uniqueidentifier,
>          @StudyStorageGUID uniqueidentifier,
>          @WorkQueueStatusEnum smallint,
>          @FailureCount int,
>          @ExpirationTime datetime = null,
>          @ScheduledTime datetime = null,
>          @FailureDescription nvarchar(512) = null,
>          @QueueStudyStateEnum smallint = null
> AS
> BEGIN
>
>          if (@ProcessorID is NULL)
>          begin
>                   RAISERROR (N''Calling [dbo.[UpdateWorkQueue]] with @ProcessorID = NULL'', 18 /* severity.. >=20 means fatal but needs sysadmin role*/, 1 /*state*/)
>                   RETURN 50000
>          end

The other 6 instances where the word "Fatal" was mentioned have exactly the same error message as above, i.e. "RAISERROR (N''Calling [dbo.[UpdateWorkQueue]] with @ProcessorID = NULL'', 18 /* severity.. >=20 means fatal but needs sysadmin role*/, 1 /*state*/)".

Questions:
1/ What may have gone wrong?
2/ What does

"RAISERROR (N''Calling [dbo.[UpdateWorkQueue]] with @ProcessorID = NULL'', 18 /* severity.. >=20 means fatal but needs sysadmin role*/, 1 /*state*/)"

mean?

3/ How can I fix this installation error?

4/ Do I need to uninstall ClearCanvas as well as SQL Server Express 2008 and reinstall them again?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
24 Aug 2012 11:27 AM  
The description of the errors doesn't really make sense. Are you sure you are not seeing an error when the database files are being created, and everything else after that is failing?

Steve

--
27 Aug 2012 12:05 AM  

Steve, I uninstalled and reinstalled ImageServer again. I got no error message during the setup process. All installation steps went according to the installation instructions on your web page. The only exceptions were the port number (I used port 105, and opened an exception on the firewall for this port) and the directories for the database. I installed MS SQL2008 Express (mixed mode) on this system. After the installation, I the window service for "ClearCanvas Image Server Shred Host Service" is running. I can stop and restart this service. When I log in SQL Server using MS SQL Server Management Studio, I can see "ImageServer" under "Databases" tree (regardless I logged in using "SQL Server Authentication" or "Windows Authentication" ). But after the installation, when I typed in the url "hostname/imageserver", in FireFox, I got "Not Found. The requested URL /ImageServer was not found on this server.". In Internet Explorer, I got "The webpage cannot be found". The hostname in the above URL, I used "localhost", "127.0.0.1", and my computer name.

Can you please tell me where I have gone wrong? If you want to look at the install.log file, I can email to you.

Thanks in advance.

--
30 Aug 2012 01:27 AM  
John,

Did you install Microsoft Internet Information Server ?, What happens when you only put "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 on your browser..?

--
30 Aug 2012 07:07 AM  
Hello siserin,
Have installed IIS, .NetFramework 3.5, ASP.net, Ajax extension. Have tried localhost & 127.0.0.1 as well. Same results. When I looked at the daily log file of ImageServer, I can identify why I cannot bring up the login page. But I don't know how to resolve it. The log page is full of exception errors related to hooking up with the database (I am using MSSQL2008 Express). For example,

"2012-08-30 01:57:40,296 [ServiceLock:16] FATAL - Exception thrown

Exception when opening database connection for update
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteTransactionManagerRequest(Byte[] buffer, TransactionManagerRequestType request, String transactionName, TransactionManagerIsolationLevel isoLevel, Int32 timeout, SqlInternalTransaction transaction, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionYukon(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String name, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginSqlTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso)
at ClearCanvas.ImageServer.Enterprise.SqlServer2005.PersistentStore.OpenUpdateContext(UpdateContextSyncMode mode)
2012-08-30 01:57:40,328 [ServiceLock:16] ERROR - Exception thrown

Exception has occurred : Unexpected exception opening database connection for update. Retry later.
ClearCanvas.Enterprise.Core.PersistenceException: Unexpected exception opening database connection for update ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteTransactionManagerRequest(Byte[] buffer, TransactionManagerRequestType request, String transactionName, TransactionManagerIsolationLevel isoLevel, Int32 timeout, SqlInternalTransaction transaction, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionYukon(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String name, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginSqlTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso)
at ClearCanvas.ImageServer.Enterprise.SqlServer2005.PersistentStore.OpenUpdateContext(UpdateContextSyncMode mode)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ClearCanvas.ImageServer.Services.ServiceLock.ServiceLockProcessor.Run()
2012-08-30 01:57:40,312 [WorkQueue:21] FATAL - Exception thrown"

I have followed the instructions on this page "https://io.clearcanvas.ca/trac/development/wiki/SqlExpressGuide" to check if I had the authentication done right. Everything regarding the database is setup exactly the same as what this page recommended.

Please advise on what should I do next.
Regards,
John

--
30 Aug 2012 11:44 PM  
Hello All,
There is something more I have not described in my previous posts.
I have Apache Server installed in the system. As a result, when I installed IIS, I have configured IIS to use port 8000.
I have tried to use" localhost:8000/ImageServer". In Firefox browser, it said "The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading..." On Internet Explorer web browser, the same url brough up this page: "The webpage cannot be diesplayed..."
Instead of localhost, I tried the loopback IP address as well as the computer's name. I have the same error message from IE and from Firefox, the error message was "Server not found. Firefox can't find the server at www.MyComputerName.com:.

I stopped Apache server and repeated the above, same result.
When I brought up IIS, from Administrative Tools, under IIS is my computer name. Under this computer name were 2 subfolders. Web Sites and Default SMTP Viturel Server. When I clicked on "Web Sites", the only thing I saw was "Default Web Site". But the "State" of this "Default Web Site" was stopped.If I forced it to start, I got an error message "Unexpected errr 0x8ffe... occurred"
I wonder if the above events prevent Clearcanvas from connecting to the database? And as a result, I cannot login to the ImageServer URL.A

--
31 Aug 2012 12:51 PM  
Hello All,
I want to close this thread. I am able to open up the login page and faced new problems which I posted in a new post.
I am able to go to the opening page of clearcanvas because I have searched all the ports in used in my laptop. Then in IIS manager, I changed the port number from 8000 to something else. It worked - to the extend that it is now able to bring me to the opening login page. So port 8000 must be used by some other app in my system and prevented me to launch ImageServer.
Regards,
John
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1