Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

network connection
Last Post 13 Aug 2012 09:15 AM by stewart. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved

--
07 Aug 2012 06:03 PM  

In Clearcanvas workstation 2.0, when we "right click -> Retrieve" on a study, we get an error message.

From the server log: "Timeout while attempting to connect to remote server 10.28.74.112:104".

Our firewall is configured to not allow the servers to access the workstations (by design).

Is there a Clearcanvas configuration setting to allow only the workstations to access the servers, not the other way around?

We don't like the server accessing the workstations. It's a bad design.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Aug 2012 01:48 PM  
I agree with you that it is a bad design, but the design is not by ClearCanvas. This is how the DICOM protocol works; all DICOM viewers work this way. In order to get a study from another device, you issue a command to have it initiate a "push" of the study to you. You may have to adapt your policy on network security if you want DICOM applications to deliver images in your environment.

An alternative will be to adopt a workflow based on streaming. You won't be able to retrieve files, but you will at least be able to see them.

john

--
08 Aug 2012 02:33 PM  

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I believe that it's only because we are using C-MOVE command that's why the server has to acknowledge the client's request. But in the case of C-GET, our current workflow will be suitable. Is that correct?

I know ClearCanvas does not support C-GET at this moment, but will CC ImageServer eventually work towards integrating C-GET command?

Thanks.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Aug 2012 02:53 PM  
I think it is unlikely C-GET would replace C-MOVE. One of the CC developers might want to chime in with specific details, but my feeling is that in terms of implementation, C-MOVE has the advantage.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
13 Aug 2012 09:15 AM  
Support for C-GET is not as widespread as C-MOVE. Everyone implements (and defaults to) C-STORE on workstations because you need it for auto-routing, anyway. It also allows the server to retry sends when there are failures; it's just more robust. C-MOVE then becomes the obvious choice for manual retrieves, because C-STORE is already needed/supported.

In scenarios where auto-routing is not used, the server is outside the firewall, etc, I agree with you that being able to configure CC Workstation to use C-GET would be preferable; it then becomes more like a traditional "download". Anyway, I'm not sure when (or if) CC Workstation and/or ImageServer will support C-GET, but I will make sure it's on the backlog (it probably already is).

Thanks for the feedback!
Stewart
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1