ClearCanvas projects are now open for community
contributions! To encourage consistency in how contributions are made,
please take note of the following:
Creating your patch
Submitting your patch
The Review Process
- If you haven't already, make sure you've filled out and submitted the ClearCanvas Contributor's License Agreement. You only need to do this once.
- Your patch file should have the extension .patch (generated by default by TortoiseSVN)
- Attach your patch to a forum post as is--do not zip it up.
- In your post, be sure to provide a link to:
- The ticket (if there isn't one yet, post and ask for one.)
- Any related forum thread that would be helpful in providing context for the patch
- The subject of the post should just be something meaningful to
others when they scan this forum. Same goes for the name of the patch.
We will try to review your patch in a timely manner, but if we're
really busy or if the patch is complex or touches many parts of the
code base, it may take several days before we can comment on it. Note
that unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your patch will be
accepted. Acceptance of a patch is dependent on a number of factors,
such as code quality, where we are in a release cycle, etc. If there
are reasons for not accepting your patch right away, we will do our
best to work with you so that it can be accepted. If your patch is not
accepted, please don't be offended. Note that others in the community
can still download and apply it if they find it useful.