Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Clearcanvas release tag version 2.0 build issues
Last Post 17 Jan 2012 06:04 PM by Jasper. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Jan 2012 09:46 AM  

Hi All,

I have downloaded clearcanvas 2.0 release tag versions and build it.I see full of dependency errors,Looks like its missing log4net dll and i added reference to particular project and it works.i had to do so much fix like this to make it work.

for example

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'log4net' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Clearcanvas\ImageServer\Common\log4net\RollingFileAppender.cs    54    7    ClearCanvas.Common

why this happens with release version code.Am i missing something here.Please let me know the steps...

i also have this error after i fix all the dependencies error

Error    355    The "ClearCanvas.Utilities.BuildTasks.RegexIsMatch" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Clearcanvas\ImageServer\Server\ShredHostService\\..\..\ReferencedAssemblies\MSBuild\ClearCanvas.Utilities.BuildTasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Clearcanvas\ImageServer\ReferencedAssemblies\MSBuild\ClearCanvas.Utilities.BuildTasks.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available.    C:\Clearcanvas\ImageServer\Server\ShredHostService\\PostBuild_dist.proj    134    5    ClearCanvas.Server.ShredHostService

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
16 Jan 2012 10:23 AM  
Please check for the existence of a ReferencedAssemblies folder in the top level of the source tree. This folder contains all the external (and a few internal) DLLs referenced by the various projects, and the paths are all set up to resolve to this folder.

If the folder and its contents do not exist, you'll have to refetch the tree to replace the missing files. If it does exist, please reply and attach a copy of the C:\Clearcanvas\ImageServer\Server\ShredHostService\PostBuild_dist.proj file, and we'll go from there.

Please note that, if you're using our Mercurial repository, the ReferencedAssemblies folder is stored in a subrepository, so please make sure that you have correctly updated the subrepository as well as the main repository.

--
16 Jan 2012 10:44 AM  
Yes i am using mercurial repository and i dont have reference assemblies folder in my archive.how to access the sub repository.

i have also taken Xian Refs folder from the snapshot but don't know where to place this folder to have projects automatically refer these dlls.

Thanks
decuser

--
16 Jan 2012 10:54 AM  
I am also attaching postbuild_dist.proj file.

x64

x86

$(ProjectDir)\$(OutDir)
true

$(ProjectOutDir)
true

$(DistributionDir)
false

None

$(Options)

$(DistributionDirectory)\common
$(DistributionDirectory)\plugins
$(DistributionDirectory)\logs

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
16 Jan 2012 02:42 PM  
You just have to unbundle xianrefs into a folder called "ReferencedAssemblies" in your Xian folder.

--
16 Jan 2012 11:06 PM  
Hi,

I have downloaded the release version 2.0 and it doesnt have xian or xian refs folders.
how can i handle dependencies for release tag versions.It has only ImageServer and RISViewerSP1 folders (root folders)..

Any one build the release 2.0 successfully.please share your experience.

Thanks
decuser

--
17 Jan 2012 08:55 AM  

Hi All,

I am waiting for any of your reply.Kindly write me solutions to the release tag versions build issue.I have attached imageserver_dist.proj.

Thanks

decuser

Attachment: ImageServer_dist

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 Jan 2012 06:04 PM  

Hi decuser,

My apologies, it seems the Referenced Assemblies folder is not there in the "RisViewer20SP1" repository by default. Check out a copy of the "XianRefs" repository and place it inside the main repository as a folder called "ReferencedAssemblies".

In your case, your directory structure should look like:

ClearCanvas
+---.hg
+---Common
+---Controls
+---Desktop
+---ImageViewer
+---ImageServer
+---etc.
+---ReferencedAssemblies
    +---.hg
    +---Codecs
    +---Interpolators
    +---MSBuild
    +---etc.

I'll see about updating the instructions so it is more clear in the future for users using the RisViewer20SP1 release snapshot of the code. All of our current development is in the "Xian" repository, which is why you may hear us refer to the top level directory as the "Xian" directory, but it's really just whatever directory has the Common, Desktop, ImageViewer, ImageServer, etc. folders (e.g. yours is C:\Clearcanvas)

Hope this helps,

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1