Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Building ClearCanvas Library
Last Post 27 Jan 2012 09:29 AM by stewart. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative

--
18 Jan 2012 11:56 AM  

Hello,

I inherited the management (which is mostly like building/troubleshooting) of ClearCanvas libraries. Unfortunately there are no build instructions as the previous owner did not document them.

I'm having major issue building the libraries and I was wondering if some one can point me to the library building instructions.

Thanks

--Anurag--

PS: The libraries that fail to build are as follows:

a) Desktop

b) ImageViewer

c) Common.Utilities.Manifest.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 Jan 2012 12:04 PM  
Hello Anurag,

There are no real build instructions for specific libraries, since they should just build assuming you got all their referenced assemblies in the right place (which means dependent DLLs and other libraries that you have to build in the same solution).

Are you using a custom VS solution, or one of the solutions in your source tree? If you're building your own VS solution, make sure you add all dependent projects to the solution. Based on your list of libraries, you will need ClearCanvas.Common and ClearCanvas.Dicom at the very least.

Please post what version of Visual Studio you are using, as well as specific build error messages.

--
18 Jan 2012 12:19 PM  
Thanks for the quick response.
So, I'm using VS2008.

This is what happens when building ClearCanvas.Desktop:
The build fails because it could not find ClearCanvas.Utilities.Manifest.dll.

I try build ClearCanvas.Utilities.Manifest project, it fails with the error message:
'ClearCanvas.Common.Platform' does not contain a definition for 'ManifestDirectory' ManifestVerification.cs

I'm pretty sure that we did not made any changes in the code. I did look in to the Platform class in the Clearcanvas common and there is indeed no ManifestDirectory member.

--
18 Jan 2012 12:49 PM  
More on the error:
1. ExtensionOf(typeof(FatalExceptionHandlerExtensionPoint))]
internal class DummyFatalExceptionHandler : FatalExceptionHandler

FatalExceptionHandlerExtensionPoint is not found.

2. [UserSettingsMigrationDisabled]
[SharedSettingsMigrationDisabled] and [UserSettingsMigrationDisabled]
are not found.

I am able to build ClearCanvas.Common and ClearCanvas.Dicom and ClearCanvas.Utilities.Manifest (had added a ManifestDirectory member).
But the ClearCanvas.Destop still fails.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 Jan 2012 12:57 PM  
Please redownload the source code. It looks like you have code for each library at a different version, otherwise all these missing members would be there already - either that, or you're using an unstable version of the code base. From the looks of it, your code is probably closest to the RisViewer2.0SP1 release milestone, so try that repository first. (Instructions can be found on the Developer's Portal)

--
19 Jan 2012 12:54 PM  
That was helpful. I'm so closed to building the library.
However, I ran in to this next issue:
SystemConfigurationHelper which is used in LocalSettingsStore is not found.

I've searched the entire codebase, (that we have) and I could not find this class.
I suspect it was replaced by something and we forgot to update, but before updating I thought I would ask this question. Just in case!

Thanks bunch!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
27 Jan 2012 09:29 AM  
SystemConfigurationHelper is in the most recent version of the code base. I suspect you are still in a hybrid state where you have a mixture of old and new code. If it's at all possible, I suggest you follow Jasper's advice and start over, grabbing a new version of the ClearCanvas code.

Do you know what version of the CC code your project was based off of? You might want to try going back to 2.0 SP1, since that was the most recent "official" release of the source code with an SDK, etc. Chances are it was based off that version of the code.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1