Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Error: ClearCanvas.ImageViewer.Explorer.Local.View.WinForms
Last Post 19 Mar 2012 02:27 PM by Jasper. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Resolved

--
04 Oct 2011 10:13 AM  

I get the following error when I build ClearCanvas.ImageViewer.Explorer.Local.View.WinForms:

error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ToolStripSizeType' does not exist in the namespace 'ClearCanvas.Desktop' (are you missing an assembly reference?

Desktop/ToolStripSettings.cs does not define 'ToolStripSizeType' as follows:

using System.Drawing;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Configuration;
using ClearCanvas.Common.Configuration;
using ClearCanvas.Common.Utilities;

namespace ClearCanvas.Desktop
{
    [SettingsGroupDescription("Stores general settings for toolbars and menus.")]
    [SettingsProvider(typeof (StandardSettingsProvider))]
    public sealed partial class ToolStripSettings {}
}

I think it was defined before as follows and removed for some reason:

public enum ToolStripSizeType { Small = 0, Medium, Large };

Would you kindly help me with this error?

Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Oct 2011 12:41 PM  
What version of the code are you building? It sounds like you may have ended up with a mixture of ClearCanvas code bases, where Explorer.Local.View.WinForms is actually trying to reference the enum (ToolstripSizeType) that no longer exists. That enum was renamed (and moved, I think) to IconSize.

--
12 Oct 2011 02:45 PM  

Thanks Stewart for your help. I downloaded also RisViewer20SP1 Mercurial repository. After solving the problems of Target framework (I am using Visual Studio 2010). I still have the same error

C:\VSProjects\RisViewer20SP1Local\ImageViewer\Explorer\Local\View\WinForms\Settings.Designer.cs(49,44): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ToolStripSizeType' does not exist in the namespace 'ClearCanvas.Desktop' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Thank you

--
18 Oct 2011 12:42 PM  

ToolStripSizeType is defined in \ImageViewer\Explorer\Local\View\WinForms\Settings.settings.

However \ImageViewer\Explorer\Local\View\WinForms\Settings.Designer.cs gives the following error:

The type or namespace name 'ToolStripSizeType' does not exist in the namespace 'ClearCanvas.Desktop' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

AnyIdea how to fix this error?

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 Oct 2011 05:38 PM  

Greetings,

It looks like your current working directory is somehow out of sync with our repository, as I can clearly see where this change was made in both the RisViewer20SP1 repository and the new Xian repository. Please check sure that changeset 32a7731479ef (RisViewer20SP1) exists in the ancestry of your working directory (this was a commit from 2 years ago).

--
21 Oct 2011 09:57 AM  

Hi Jasper,

Thank you for your help. You are right. My local copy was not updated. Sorry about that. It compiles succussfully now on VS2010. Currently, I have runtime error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in ClearCanvas.Common.dll

I am looking for a solution on the forum. I guess the following link is a good place to start.

http://clearcanvas.ca/dnn/Community/Forums/tabid/69/aff/2/aft/14112/afv/topic/afpg/1/Default.aspx

Thank you once again

--
21 Oct 2011 11:04 AM  

The following solution did work for me.

http://clearcanvas.ca/dnn/Community/Forums/tabid/69/aff/2/aft/14195/afv/topic/afpg/1/Default.aspx

--
15 Mar 2012 04:16 PM  

Hi Jasper,

The problem is that the file ImageViewer\Explorer\Local\View\WinForms\Settings.settings@10149:fae5185cc0bf (which is created by the designer) was not updated to the new type.  When running the VS2010 conversion wizard, the file Settings.Designer.cs is recreated using the old type ToolStripSizeType (specified in Setting.settings).

To make this change resilient against any regeneration performed by the designer, please update Settings.settings to contain the correct type.  I'd submit a patch myself, but I have to go thru the paperwork first.  :)

Cheers,

-Monroe

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Mar 2012 02:27 PM  
Hi Monroe,

Hmm, very interesting. I'd have to assume that I somehow missed committing that file when we changed the type. Nice catch!

I have created ticket #9835 to fix the settings file.

Cheers,
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1