Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Nullsoft's Scriptable Install System
Last Post 23 Feb 2012 10:36 AM by Clinton C. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved

--
14 Nov 2011 08:21 AM  

Guys,

I know RIS is using NSIS, but nowhere in the Ris folder I can find a file whose extension is *.nsi. I'm not strictly interested in the installer itself, I'm more interested in the SQL statements which are executed during the installation. I want to customise them a little bit. I searched for *.sql files under the Ris folder, but found nothing (well except for the Upgrades/*.sql).

Any hints, most welcomed.

thanks,

Łukasz

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Nov 2011 10:56 AM  

Hi Lukasz,

You can generate the sql by executing the DdlWriterApplication, as described here.

--
15 Nov 2011 02:21 AM  

Hi,

Thanks for the link.

Just one more question. Once I update the SQL scripts, how do I integrate them back with the NSIS installer?

I saw that in SVN repository there was a folder called /disctribution/installers - I don't see it in the Hq repo. Do you know where I can find it?

thanks,

Łukasz

--
18 Nov 2011 04:20 AM  
Hi,

I'm also trying to build the installer but I can't find the installation scripts anywhere. Older posts in this forum say that they were placed in SVN under Trunk\Distribution, but I can't find such a folder in the new HG repository. I tries accessing the old SVN via https://tracarchive.clearcanvas.ca/source/browser but it's not working.

Are the installation scripts available somewhere? Thanks!

--
28 Nov 2011 01:20 PM  
Hi,

Could anybody put NSI-installscripts somewhere, so we will be able to build installer?

Thank you!
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Feb 2012 10:36 AM  

Hi adruzenko,

I'm writing to address the issue of where the NSI installer scripts went. Sorry for taking so long to get to this, but as I'm sure you'll understand, it's extremely busy trying to help run a commercial enterprise.

We have decided to discontinue distributing the NSI installer scripts because we needed to discourage parties from exploiting the ease of creating new distributions in a way that goes against the spirit of why we made the project available under open source in the first place. We realize that it's not possible to entirely prevent such misuses, but we want to at least signal our intentions by making it harder to do so. 

The original NSI installer scripts would have been made available on the archive SVN repository, which we made accessible for a period of 3 months after we migrated to Mercurial. At this point in time, it is retired and no longer available to the public.

We regret that this may have inconvenienced you, but we felt this move was in our best interest.

Good luck in your future development endeavours!

Regards,

Clinton

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1