Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

CC RIS MWL
Last Post 10 Jul 2012 05:58 PM by Hans. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
14 Apr 2012 08:18 PM  

Hello All,

Does the clear canvas RIS have the ability to generate a MWL (modality worklist) based the order that is entered/created?

Thanks

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 Apr 2012 01:01 PM  
There is no built-in support for this at this time.

--
20 Apr 2012 12:01 AM  
I've come up with a way to add a MWL to it using Mirth, you can use other software to make one if you are good at that sort of thing

DCM4CHE has a worklist function you can send HL7 to, and you might be able to use the DCMTK toolkit.
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Apr 2012 05:55 PM  
Well, Lets just say I a not quite great at this sort of thing. would you care to share how you managed to add MWL to CCRIS using mirth? Brief general idea will do for a start.

emmukoya@medisoftea.com

Regards.
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Apr 2012 08:05 AM  
I think there was another post that described how this was done, try searching the forums for "mirth mwl". I believe that Mirth has MWL support built into it and will serve it up based on the HL7 ORM messages it receives. Mirth also supports other kinds of file formats like XML, etc. So you basically need to extract the orders from CCRIS (via SQL or by catching the order creation in CCRIS) and sending those orders to Mirth (via HL7 or an XML file). You just need to get the XML files onto the disk that Mirth can read - either via ftp or a shared folder, something like that. Hope this helps

--
26 Apr 2012 10:56 PM  
Mirth can query a worklist, but there is no MWL server support. I used Mirth to poll the database for checked-in patients, and then I pull the necessary info from the database and create an HL7 message that I send to a Conquest server that has MWL functionality. You could also interface it with OFFIS DCMTK, there is a MWL component in there as well.

--
22 Jun 2012 09:14 AM  

Can you explain what this statement really means:

"Real-time support available to Clinical Edition and Team Edition customers"

If CC RIS does not have HL7 and does not include a MWL server then what type of support is available?

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Jun 2012 01:53 PM  
The real-time support is referring to ClearCanvas Technical Support (assistance), not software capability.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
25 Jun 2012 10:35 AM  
The other thing to note is that the Clinical Edition and Team Edition products do not currently include RIS, so the message is actually not applicable to the RIS forum. There is no support available for RIS, since it currently exists only as an open-source application.

--
10 Jul 2012 05:58 PM  

Hi Echinos,

Would you mind sharing your Mirth channel ? Think it will be very helpful to many people.  I am currently working on a project for which I need the same functionality: polling CCRIS DB for scheduled work-orders to populate a dcm4chee DICOM MWL worklist.

Thanks!
Hans

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1