Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Root element is missing error, now way to open image!
Last Post 06 Aug 2010 01:49 PM by Steve Wranovsky. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Jul 2010 09:37 PM  

Hi,

Root element is missing error (seen on workstation and server in different times)

On Workstation side, I cannot open (stream or not) neither import image (even single dcm file). No way to see the image. Image looks lost.

On server side, we cannot move study because of this error.

What causes this type of corruption. How can I recover that type of studies.? (or if no way for recovery, how can I prevent?)

Server Version 1.3, WS any.

**********WS SERVICE LOG*****************************

2010-07-21 04:00:37,112 [Pool:14] ERROR - Exception thrown

System.Exception: The file cannot be inserted into the Data Store (D:\sezer\rootelmtmssg\1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.6.24144.30000009093005370470300002680\1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.6.24144.30000009093005370470300002698.dcm). ---> ClearCanvas.Dicom.DicomDataException: Study instance UID must not be empty.

konum: ClearCanvas.Dicom.Validation.DicomValidator.ValidateStudyInstanceUID(String uid)

konum: ClearCanvas.Dicom.DataStore.DataAccessLayer.DicomPersistentStoreValidator.Validate(DicomFile dicomFile)

konum: ClearCanvas.ImageViewer.Shreds.LocalDataStore.LocalDataStoreService.DicomFileImporter.ParseFile(ImportJobInformation jobInformation)

Regards,

PS: Because of I cannot import, could not anonymize attached sample, rename txt>rar and plase ask for password by email sezerpal-at-gmail-dot-com

Sezer Pal

Attachment: rootelmtmssg.txt

Tags: root element missing
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
21 Jul 2010 01:58 PM  
Sorry, I can't read the attachment. Do these files really have no study instance UID as the log suggests? If so, that's a problem with the DICOM files themselves. Otherwise, there may be something funny with the file encoding, or it could be a bug in the DICOM Toolkit. Hard to say without a sample image. Can you anonymize one of the files and post it?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
23 Jul 2010 12:10 PM  
One final thing, I see you're using the 1.3 ImageServer. There were data corruption issues with the 1.3 release. I highly recommend you at least update to 1.5, and for sure 2.0. The data corruption issues could lead to corruption of the Study XML file, which would result into errors similar to what you're seeing.

Steve

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Aug 2010 06:33 AM  
Hi Steve,

Because of it's a real patient (not able to anonymize because of import problem) I have sent rar password by email.

Sezer

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Aug 2010 01:45 PM  
Hi Sezer,

In reply to your email, after you do the upgrade to 2.0, there was a new Service Scheduling option, "Rebuild Study Xml", that was added to deal with this situation. It will traverse a filesystem and rebuild all the Study Xml files. Also, if it encounters any file corruption issues during the rebuild, it will force a reprocess of the study. We wrote this as a way to attempt to recover from corruption issues in the 1.3 release.

Please upgrade to 2.0, and let us know if there are any issues after the upgrade.

Steve

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Aug 2010 01:49 PM  

One other note, since you're upgrading from 1.3, please take a look at this post, which is flagged int he forums, also.  There was some confusion with the database upgrade process in the upgrade from 1.3, and how to answer a dialog in the installer.  This would still be an issue upgrading from 1.3 directly to 2.0.

Steve

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1