Do you have a question?

First Name:
Surname:
Email:
Phone:

Configuring multi-monitor
Last Post 23 Mar 2009 03:53 PM by stewart. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Mar 2009 06:51 AM  

Hi,

I have a configuration of 3 monitors. On of them is a regular pc one, and the other two are for diagnosis purposes. I'd like to configure the workstation to have the explorer in the pc monitor, and then I would want to put one viewer in each diagnosis monitor.

I've been playing around with the "Open in a separate Window" option without success.

What can I do?

Thank you very much in advance!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Mar 2009 09:44 AM  
Hi, as you have discovered, there is minimal support for multiple monitors, especially more than 2. However, you can make the 'separate window' span both of your diagnostic displays. The viewer now has the ability to ensure that the images themselves never span 2 displays. If you open a study and then move the window around across 2 monitors, you will see what I mean.

Also, the position of each of your windows will be remembered so that each time the separate window opens, it will appear in the same place.

Hope this helps,
Stewart
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Mar 2009 10:33 AM  

Thank you Stewart, I suposed that.

Do you plan to add more support for multiple monitors?

Regards,

Quique

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Mar 2009 10:50 AM  
Hi Quique, we do plan to add more support at some point, but I doubt it will be anytime really soon.

That being said, it sounds like your specific requirement is fairly straightforward and a plugin to do it would be quite trivial to write. Do you know any developers that could write it for you?

Best regards,
Stewart
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Mar 2009 11:07 AM  

Maybe I could write it by myself, but I have to finish other things first.

Thank you and best regards

Quique

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Mar 2009 01:07 PM  

Hi,

I'm woondering how I would do the plugin to open te studies always in new windows, not in new tabs.

I can imagine a plugin to add a new functionality, but I don't know how I would do to modify the behaviour of the CC Workstation without modifying the Workstation code.

Would it be possible to add this functionality just with a plugin and without modifying the Wirkstation code? How would you start?

Thank you Stewart!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
23 Mar 2009 03:53 PM  
Hi Quique, you're right, a lot of that stuff is hidden in the core code. If you look at the code in the ViewerAutomation class, it does the whole 'study open' process on it's own due to incompatibilities with the provided helpers. The trick is to always open a new desktop window with a unique name (e.g. "viewer1", "viewer2", etc) and then host the viewer in a workspace.

Hope this helps,
Stewart
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.1